Knowledgehook is on a mission to empower the problem-solvers of tomorrow. To help us take our company to the next level and enable us to build an even more compelling education experience, we are looking for a UI Designer with true artistic talent and a clean, strong visual aesthetic. Relevant training and work experience are important, but we're really looking for your talent to shine through in the work you have done.
You will have the opportunity to influence product design through a product's interface via interactive elements across multiple platforms (web, desktop and mobile). This will involve creating high-fidelity mock-ups, iconography, UI illustrations and other graphic assets for a range of products and services —always keeping our users and their goals in mind. You will also be responsible for taking Knowledgehook’s Design System to the next level by refreshing our existing UI and documenting new designs into our style libraries to bring clarity and unity to our visual language.
We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are assembling a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with innovative solutions.
What you will be doing
- Collect project requirements from relevant stakeholders
- Design and create UI elements for our range of software products, including our teacher app and student app
- Analyze target audiences, their profile and needs, think of innovative web solutions for UI and interface design of various digital products
- Work with product managers to build information architecture (content inventory, site plan, navigation model, functionalities, information hierarchy)
- Design user experience models by integrating best practices in line with ergonomics, navigation and web accessibility and participate in developing evolution plans
- Translate ideas and concepts into premium visual designs, high fidelity wire-frames, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Incorporate industry-best design practices into your work, explaining design choices, elaborate UI style guide, and providing rationale
- Working with our development team to implement and integrate your designs
- Follow, maintain and expand our visual pattern libraries and design system documentation
What you need to succeed
- 1-2 years of experience doing visual/UI design for web, desktop or mobile applications
- Bachelor's degree in a design-related discipline is preferred
- Strong design fundamentals like typography, color theory, layout, responsive web design and user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with industry-standard design software such as Figma, and Adobe's Creative Suite.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Impeccable attention to detail, with a drive to speak up when something is not implemented to your standards
- Be well versed with Responsive Web, iOS, and Android design patterns
- Ability to create icons, illustrations and other graphic assets for the web
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and component libraries is an asset
- Motion design experience is an asset
What’s in it for you
- Be a contributor in the journey of a fast growing organization
- Join an extremely talented, diverse, and collaborative team of passionate builders and problem-solvers
- Great benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible work hours
Knowledgehook, a leading educational technology company, empowers over 450,000 teachers and parents to collaboratively support the mathematics learning journey of over 5 million students worldwide. Winner of Google’s Game Changer Award and named Top Disruptor by BNN, its platform analyzes student understanding through engaging assessments, providing real-time personalized solutions to close learning gaps between classroom teaching and at-home learning. Designed by leading numeracy and research experts, Knowledgehook’s Instructional Guidance System is known for reinventing how online technology supports education and educators, while inspiring the problem solvers of tomorrow.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? If so, please send your resume and portfolio
, and include UI Designer
in your subject line to [email protected]
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code Knowledgehook Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Thank you for your interest in Knowledgehook. Due to the impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures have been developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak. We are mostly conducting interviews virtually. Everyone’s safety is our primary concern as we navigate through the interview process.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.