Knowledgehook is on a mission to empower the problem-solvers of tomorrow. To help us take our company to the next level and enable us to build an even more compelling education experience, we are looking for a Senior Web Game Developer to oversee the strategic development, production, testing and optimization of Knowledgehook’s exciting new game experiences.
As a senior web game developer, you will be responsible for building gameplay systems and features using the Phaser game engine. You will work closely with our team of developers, designers and producers to build a new game experience from scratch: get in on the ground-floor of new product innovations, as a high impact key contributor.
Knowledgehook’s purpose is to inspire and develop the problem solvers of tomorrow. We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are assembling a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with innovative solutions.
- Full Software Lifecycle application development – designing, coding, debugging and documenting applications
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability.
- Enabling relevant stakeholders’ concerns to be identified, considered, and, when appropriate, addressed during the development of the product.
- Collaborate with architects and product managers on design decisions and directions for product requirements
- Work directly with the designers to ensure that their vision is shared with your ability to build the platform
- Build and maintain core engine components, pipelines and tools on multiple hardware platforms.
- Accurately estimate schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Be vocal and transparent if concerns arise regarding deliverable timelines
- Write clear, maintainable code
- Maintain project confidentiality and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, as a web-based game developer
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, and testing
- Deep knowledge of web front-end development, including Typescript, Canvas, WebGL
- Understanding of backend web development
- Experience interfacing with RESTful and realtime websocket APIs
- Having worked on at least one game project with a team, from concept through to release
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Phaser or PixiJS
- Experience working on live-service game development cycles
- Experience with C#/.NET backend development
- Some experience managing a team of developers
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong organizational skills with a good sense of design with outstanding communication skills
- Passion for making and playing innovative games is an asset
- Experience working on a live service (post-release) game is an asset
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and problem solving
- A bias towards proactive, candid, and empathetic communication
- An uncompromising solution-oriented mindset
- A laser focus on daily continuous improvement
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Rigorous prioritization and time management capabilities
- Strategic mindset - always thinking with your company hat on, with an eye to identifying (and executing) strategic opportunities
- A committed team player
- Ability to take, and desire to actively seek out, constructive feedback to drive self-improvement
- Participate in the growth journey of a scaling start-up
- Join an extremely talented, diverse, and collaborative team of passionate builders and problem-solvers
- Health and Dental Benefits plan
- Flexible work hours
Knowledgehook, a leading educational technology company, empowers teachers and parents to collaboratively support the mathematics learning journey of millions of students worldwide. Winner of Google’s Game Changer Award and named Top Disruptor by BNN, its platform analyzes student understanding through engaging assessments, providing real-time personalized solutions to close learning gaps between classroom teaching and at-home learning. Designed by leading numeracy and research experts, Knowledgehook’s Instructional Guidance System is known for reinventing how online technology supports education and educators, while inspiring the problem solvers of tomorrow.