Senior Product Manager
Knowledgehook is on a mission to empower the problem-solvers of tomorrow. We are preparing the next generation of learners to create an incredible future. We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are creating a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with solutions that break new ground. To help our company move to the next level and enable us to build an even more compelling education experience, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager.
What you will be doing
- Aid in championing and refining project management best practices, working closely with Engineer Managers to do so
- Experience working in an Agile environment is critical, but being flexible in adapting Agile principles is important
- Provide solutions that align with business needs and improve the product for our users
- Work closely with the Vice President of Product to define and drive the roadmap for your squad
- Lead a feature development cycle: from concept ideation through to release
- Ensure all feature proposals are reviewed by the Vice President of Product before working on respective documentation (e.g. PRDs)
- Prioritize backlog based on likelihood to achieve KPI target outcomes, taking into account impact vs. effort
- Interface with customers, in addition to internal and external stakeholders, to gather and inform requirements
- Collaborate with Product/UI/UX Designers during the solutioning and documentation phases for concepts, being flexible in sharing responsibilities
- Create and maintain PRDs to ensure they thoroughly capture the “golden path” use case, and edge cases
- Work closely with Engineers as they implement your solutions, providing iterative feedback as they build
- Apply MVP product release-iteration cycle best practices
- Coordinate and oversee feature release plans with Marketing and Customer Support
- Advocate for, define, and leverage analytics to help make data-informed decisions where appropriate
- Keep up to date with market trends, competitors and best practices
- As a Senior Product Manager, help mentor other Product Managers on the team where possible
- Other duties as may be assigned by the company
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Manager
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the education industry is a bonus asset
- You thrive in a startup atmosphere, where adapting to change is a constant, as you help the company build towards a more robust organization
- Given a shift in resources, you are flexible enough to always find ways to productively contribute to the company mission
- An expert communicator, you don’t wait for others to approach you with answers, you seek out the answers you need, and inform all stakeholders of relevant status updates. You obtaining buy-in up and down the reporting structure, and across departments as necessary
- Being part of a mission driven company, we seek individuals who have an adaptable mindset and are open to embracing new opportunities that allow them to learn, grow and collaborate in areas of business that may sometimes be outside of their defined role.
What’s in it for you
- Be part of a transformational organization! The Ed-Tech industry has a direct impact on the education system, empowering students and families with innovative tools and resources to enhance learning outcomes. As an Ed-Tech company, we are revolutionizing the way children learn math and tackling math phobia.
- Join a winning team! This is a unique opportunity to be part of a thriving team and develop your skills and knowledge. While the journey may be challenging, it will also be immensely rewarding.
- Join a welcoming and supportive community! Our team is a tight-knit group of individuals who share a common passion for our work, and we collaborate closely to achieve our objectives, creating an intimate and caring community.
- Competitive Total rewards! Our Total Rewards package aligns with industry standards:
- We offer a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 100% of premiums paid by the company.
- We have a generous paid time off program that includes both vacation and personal days.
- We embrace a remote-friendly work environment.
Knowledgehook, a leading educational technology company, empowers over 450,000 teachers and parents to collaboratively support the mathematics learning journey of over 5 million students worldwide. Winner of Google’s Game Changer Award and named Top Disruptor by BNN, its platform analyzes student understanding through engaging assessments, providing real-time personalized solutions to close learning gaps between classroom teaching and at-home learning. Designed by leading numeracy and research experts, Knowledgehook’s Instructional Guidance System is known for reinventing how online technology supports education and educators, while developing students into problem solvers of tomorrow by giving them a love of learning, today.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? If so, please send your resume and include Senior Product Manager in your subject line to [email protected].
As part of the recruitment process we require references, and Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC).
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code Knowledgehook Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.