Knowledgehook is on a mission to empower the problem-solvers of tomorrow. To help us take our company to the next level and enable us to build an even more compelling education experience, we are looking for a backend engineer.
In this role you will be developing the backend for a web application that will serve millions of users across the world every day. If you have a passion for making scalable microservice APIs you will love this role. Node Admin experience will also be a great asset in this regard. You will be working with passionate like minded designers, artists and engineers pushing the limits of crafting a unique experience on the Web.
We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are assembling a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with innovative solutions.
What you will be doing
- Develop the backend of an education-technology and gaming fusion application
- Working with the lead engineer to plan, design, implement and problem solve for a realtime, scalable and responsive backend
- Help create a highly scalable, highly available microservice used by internal servers as well as clients
- Work with an agile, highly collaborative and creative team
- Get in on the ground floor of an incredible product journey
What you need to succeed
- 3-6 years of experience with NodeJS, TS, NPM, Web ecosystem
- Solid experience working on a live service with a large user base
- Familiarity with deploying to distributed cloud system (e.g. AWS, Heroku) is an asset
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL C#, .Net would be a great asset
- Basic familiarity with HTML5, Phaser, WebSockets would be an asset
What’s in it for you
- Be a contributor in the journey of a fast growing organization
- Join an extremely talented, diverse, and collaborative team of passionate builders and problem-solvers
- Great benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible work hours
Knowledgehook, a leading educational technology company, empowers over 450,000 teachers and parents to collaboratively support the mathematics learning journey of over 5 million students worldwide. Winner of Google’s Game Changer Award and named Top Disruptor by BNN, its platform analyzes student understanding through engaging assessments, providing real-time personalized solutions to close learning gaps between classroom teaching and at-home learning. Designed by leading numeracy and research experts, Knowledgehook’s Instructional Guidance System is known for reinventing how online technology supports education and educators, while inspiring the problem solvers of tomorrow.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? If so, please send your resume
and include NodeJS Backend Engineer
in your subject line to [email protected]
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code Knowledgehook Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Thank you for your interest in Knowledgehook. Due to the impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures have been developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak. We are mostly conducting interviews virtually. Everyone’s safety is our primary concern as we navigate through the interview process.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.