Knowledgehook is on a mission to empower the problem-solvers of tomorrow. To help us take our company to the next level and enable us to build an even more compelling education experience, we are looking for a Human Resources Assistant (12 months contract).
In this role you will support the Human Resources Department with full cycle recruitment activities. This includes creating job postings, screening resumes, conducting phone screens, managing the interview process, and conducting reference checks. You will also use social media to promote recruitment initiatives and to actively source top talent for open positions. This is a great opportunity to gain additional experience in recruitment and other aspects of Human Resources as you will have the chance to be involved in various projects within the department.
We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are assembling a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with innovative solutions.
What you will be doing
- Assist with conducting full cycle recruitment including: creating job postings, providing an effective recruitment strategy, managing the interview process, conducting reference checks and assessments and onboarding
- Work with HR Director to develop recruitment strategy to source top talent for open positions (direct sourcing, referral, networking, LinkedIn, career fairs, etc.)
- Utilize social media accounts to establish and promote recruitment initiatives and employment brand
- Identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Assist with entering employee data in various systems
- Analyze employee data and develop relevant HR metrics to identify key trends and make appropriate recommendations
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of various policies
- Assist in maintaining various HR driven employee programs
- Assist in driving the company culture
- Conduct research on various HR projects as required
- Help to create an engaging and positive work environment
- Identify, recommend, and support the implementation of various processes and procedures in support of departmental and organizational goals
- Keep up to date with market trends and best practice
- Recommend and present new and unique ideas for the future direction of the department and company
What you need to succeed
- 1-2 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience supporting recruiting activities such as sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates is an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A keen work ethic and strong organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively with deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office programs and Google Suite
What’s in it for you
- Be a contributor in the journey of a fast growing organization
- Join an extremely talented, diverse, and collaborative team of passionate builders and problem-solvers
- Great benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible work hours
Knowledgehook, a leading educational technology company, empowers over 450,000 teachers and parents to collaboratively support the mathematics learning journey of over 5 million students worldwide. Winner of Google’s Game Changer Award and named Top Disruptor by BNN, its platform analyzes student understanding through engaging assessments, providing real-time personalized solutions to close learning gaps between classroom teaching and at-home learning. Designed by leading numeracy and research experts, Knowledgehook’s Instructional Guidance System is known for reinventing how online technology supports education and educators, while inspiring the problem solvers of tomorrow.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? If so, please send your resume
and include Human Resources Assistant
in your subject line to [email protected]
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code Knowledgehook Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Thank you for your interest in Knowledgehook. Due to the impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures have been developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak. We are mostly conducting interviews virtually. Everyone’s safety is our primary concern as we navigate through the interview process.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.