Knowledgehook is on a mission to empower the problem solvers of tomorrow. We are seeking a talented individual to serve as Director of Human Resources- People and Culture. We’re excited to hear from people who are passionate about helping align an organization to deliver value by getting workplace behaviours and leadership capabilities right. In joining our team, you will leverage your expertise in leadership development, culture evolution, and change management, while designing and implementing transformational leadership and culture solutions in a hybrid remote/office setting. You will find an environment that is both entrepreneurial and collaborative, with a natural orientation towards community building. This is an opportunity to join and help scale a rapidly growing ed-tech company that helps both students and math teachers reach their full potential.
As the Director of HR, you will work closely with our CFO and CEO, as well as all other departments. You will need to communicate effectively across internal and external stakeholders, and enjoy the challenges of working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Knowledgehook’s purpose is to inspire and develop the problem solvers of tomorrow. We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are assembling a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with innovative solutions.
- Develop plans for HR projects by understanding company objectives, organization structure, culture and development directions.
- Plan for short-term and long-term expansion of the team; head up filling new positions and ensure the entire team is set up for success by employing the right people.
- Guide the company to deliver value by getting workplace behaviours and leadership capabilities right.
- Implement best practices for culture and people management.
- Understand job functions and measures of success thoroughly; suggest possible improvements for departments and positions.
- Develop and maintain the company handbook, HR related policy and procedures.
- Implement long-term planning for Leadership Development, Culture Transformation, Diversity and Inclusion, Communications, Training, Governance, Workforce Strategies and Talent Management, etc.
- Empower and develop the team; provide constructive on-the-job feedback/training and foster an innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- A bachelor’s degree (or more) in Business, Human Resources, or Psychology.
- 8+ years of related work experience
- A thorough understanding of end-to-end Leadership and Culture Development, as well as Workforce Strategies
- Experience in talent recruitment and management, training, governance, performance measurement
- Experience working in an Agile start-up environment is a plus
- Experience working with remote teams is a plus
- Able to turn the priorities and objectives of senior leaders into realities
- Extremely organized and have rigorous time management skills. You can work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Able to work effectively on a team, and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Participate in the growth journey of a rapidly scaling start-up
- Join an extremely talented, diverse, and collaborative team of builders and problem-solvers
- Flexible work hours
- Group Benefits package
Knowledgehook, a leading educational technology company, empowers teachers and parents to collaboratively support the mathematics learning journey of millions of students worldwide. Winner of Google’s Game Changer Award and named Top Disruptor by BNN, its platform analyzes student understanding through engaging assessments, providing real-time personalized solutions to close learning gaps between classroom teaching and at-home learning. Designed by leading numeracy and research experts, Knowledgehook’s Instructional Guidance System is known for reinventing how online technology supports education and educators, while inspiring the problem solvers of tomorrow.