Knowledgehook is on a mission to empower the problem-solvers of tomorrow. To help us take our company to the next level and enable us to build an even more compelling education experience, we are looking for a Design System Developer.
You will bridge the gap between visual UI design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will have the opportunity to influence product design in a fast-paced environment by striking the right balance between the functional and the emotional—always keeping our users and their goals in mind.
We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are assembling a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with innovative solutions.
What you will be doing
- Create UI designs of various fidelity depending on needs, ranging from sketching to mockups and prototypes
- Create and maintain standardized stylesheet libraries for use across the firm’s web properties
- Monitor and maintain quality and look/feel of all brand experiences from design to development
- Implement small details that make a difference in the product, that in most cases, are not possible to show on a design sheet (such as motion graphics)
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to deliver the best solution possible
- Prepare and present design ideas to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Contribute to shaping and instilling a UX culture within the entire organization
What you need to succeed
- An online portfolio with UI examples, bonus if there are live-sites to preview
- 3-5 years of hands-on design/development experience
- Expert level with UX design software (Adobe XD, Figma or equivalent)
- An intuitive eye for visuals and comprehension of design concepts and principles regarding colors, typography, patterns, and spacing
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex challenges
- Knowledge of new design trends and best UI examples for web and applications
- Impeccable attention to detail, with a drive to speak up when something is not implemented to your standards
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
What’s in it for you
- Be a contributor in the journey of a fast growing organization
- Join an extremely talented, diverse, and collaborative team of passionate builders and problem-solvers
- Great benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible work hours
Knowledgehook, a leading educational technology company, empowers over 450,000 teachers and parents to collaboratively support the mathematics learning journey of over 5 million students worldwide. Winner of Google’s Game Changer Award and named Top Disruptor by BNN, its platform analyzes student understanding through engaging assessments, providing real-time personalized solutions to close learning gaps between classroom teaching and at-home learning. Designed by leading numeracy and research experts, Knowledgehook’s Instructional Guidance System is known for reinventing how online technology supports education and educators, while inspiring the problem solvers of tomorrow.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? If so, please send your resume and portfolio
, and include Design System Developer
in your subject line to [email protected]
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code Knowledgehook Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Thank you for your interest in Knowledgehook. Due to the impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures have been developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak. As a result, we will be conducting interviews virtually. Everyone’s safety is our primary concern as we navigate through the interview process.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.